HOT TUB CLEANING TIPS:
Your hot tub is all about entertainment, rest, and relaxation, but to enjoy your hot tub, you’ll need to keep it clean and your hot tub chemicals balanced right. Use my hot tub cleaning tips to ensure that your hot tub continues stay clear and clean year round.
- Wipe it down after each use — Keep a clean towel nearby and wipe down the hot tub and its cover after each use. This will help to reduce water marks and grime from building up on the hot tub’s outer surfaces. Amazon: https://amzn.to/3wbSBmv
- Once a month clean the whole hot tub — Remove dirt and oil build-up by using a hot tub cleaner and a soft rag or towel. Make sure to use a cleaner formulated for hot tub cleaning. Amazon: https://amzn.to/3yqbvsn
- Clean off any scum on the water line — It’s not unusual for an unpleasant ring of scum to appear near the waterline of any hot tub due to makeups, oil, and other debris from people trying to enjoy the hot tub. A normal hot tub cleaner will work well for this.
- Replace the filters as needed — You will know when a hot tub filter needs to be replaced. However, if your hot tub gets a great deal of use or exhibits signs that the filters are no longer effective, you may need to replace them more frequently. Have a second filter/Pair, as you can switch in between cleaning them.
- Clean the filters each week — Your filters will accumulate debris and minerals over time. Spraying down your filters using a garden hose and sprayer can remove the gunk and help the filters work as efficiently as possible. Amazon: https://amzn.to/3yn2H6K
- Use a hot tub cover — The best way to keep a hot tub clean is to keep dirt and leaves from falling into it in the first place, making it essential to buy a hot tub cover and use it. If you find it too difficult to use your hot tub cover, consider investing in a hot tub cover lift as it will make it much easier to remove and replace the hot tub cover before and after each soak.
- Use a pre-filter — Get a pre-filter that can be attached to your hose prior to filling your hot tub. The pre-filter removes impurities before they reach your hot tub, resulting in clean and clearer water to start with. Amazon: https://amzn.to/38atdoY
- Use spa enzymes — Spa enzymes can be used to naturally break down fats and oils that tend to accumulate over time. They’ll also eliminate that unpleasant ring of scum from appearing. Amazon: https://amzn.to/3M0fqQD
- Soak the jets if needed — If your hot tub’s jets don't turn very well, gently remove the jets and soak them Spa Marvel cleanser.